Community Services, Inc.
Data Reporting Analyst
Under the direct supervision of the CFO, the Data Reporting Analyst will manage LAN/WAN performance, maintain LAN/WAN security, and provide technology and information management services and support to management staff, including the CSI Administrative Offices, satellite locations, and grantors to meet all reporting requirements per contractual guidelines.
The Data Reporting Analyst will conduct all work necessary to ensure smooth functioning of the LAN/WAN, Internet, Email, workstations, different database systems, and telephone systems at all locations of the Agency as well as running reports from the different database systems to support management, program/fiscal staff during reporting and billing processes.
LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE:
The position requires strong ability to work independently within the guidelines of Agency policy and contracts. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users. Ability to do install, configures, and maintains personal computers, networks, and related software. Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and database problems, and work with consultants and vendors to develop resolutions using a variety of tools when applicable. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications. Skill in organizing limited resources and establishing priorities to meet competing needs. Ability to provide technical training to end users. Strong interpersonal skills are required to work with many users. Weekend and evening work may be required to meet deadlines and the needs of the systems being supported.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Review statistical data coordinated with program staff (i.e., CSBG, Transit, Meals on Wheels) supporting customer service staff through referral and data review from frontline staff and complete particular agency reports for review with CSBG Program Quality Assurance Manager, CFO, and ED before submitting electronically to funding agencies.
- Troubleshoot problems with IT hardware and software.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, test and implement solutions.
- Perform system/network administration (adding, modifying, deleting user accounts).
- Document network procedures, problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software, including warranty management.
- Develop, implement, document, and test disaster recovery plan.
- Plan and implement network security in consultation with existing network consultant, including firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, file permissions, back up and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectation.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and update and effects on system availability and functionality.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Monitor daily activity and logs.
- Manage and enforce licensing agreements.
- Troubleshoot phone system, set up new user and voice mail account.
- Run programmatic reports from different database systems (Shah, etc.).
- Manage fixed asset inventory, including tagging all assets.
- Plan and implement the deployment of current software to all user desktops.
- Upgrade software on workstations and defrag routinely to ensure optimal performance.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Office suites and associated Servers and Exchange Servers where applicable and Active Directory Architecture. Experience in performing LAN/WAN administrative functions such as user account management, file backup/restoration, log file analysis. Knowledge of network architecture and LAN/WAN components such as servers, switches, routers, and cabling. Network Experience with Microsoft Structured Query Language (MSSQL) database management; experience with current Microsoft Windows software, and XP; Experience with Office Suites and XP where applicable; experience with Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 Servers. Advanced ACCESS database skills in reporting and import/export. Experience in documenting systems and writing procedures.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field. MCSE Certification by Microsoft, CNA Certification, A+ Certification, and experience with Remedy software based systems; experience with Federal, State and City contracts and reports; experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000; experience with Windows 2000 Terminal Services; experience with CISCO switches and Firewalls.